Home :: Forums :: FAQ :: Search
MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in   RegisterRegister

My Take

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lp.kane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: My Take Reply with quote

The last few months have probably been the most turbulent in the clan's (long?) history. It basically started after we tied roe on nuke for CAL-m week 3. This, as a match in general, was probably the must frustrating match for me as a leader. At the time, the two most skilled players on our team couldn't hold the ramp room CT side of de_nuke. While I kept my calm during most of the match I definitely lost it afterwards and said some stuff I probably shouldn't have. Either way from that point forward things weren't looking too good.

Things started to look better after we took a deciding win over endless on de_clan1_mill 21-3. After that I got into a pretty big argument with shupa over things from the roe match a week before. The argument resulted in me retiring for a period of 24 hours or so. In that brief stint I basically decided that I wasn't about to give up a clan I had put so much time into regardless of what I had to do.

I came out of my semi-retirement, cut both shupa and yoo, and kap and sky decided to leave with them. The rest of the clan, after much discussion (barely) decided to stick it out and try to rebuild. Thanks especially to whitey for taking the many hours out to talk to me so we could sort of square things up and start fresh.

Looking back, the thing I regret most out of everything is the fact that kap decided to leave. I guess I took that personally as I considered him a friend and one of the original guys as he had joined back when we first joined CAL some 10 months ago. That being said, it was definitely more my fault then everyone elses but I stand by the decision I made and I think we've turned out very well.

After a few stumbles we're back on our feet and in my opinion looking better then ever. We've got a very skilled and experienced roster and the more time we get to gel the better we'll get. More importantly, as a whole we're having a lot more fun playing (not when joey has a.d.d. or when slick DOESN'T LISTEN though) and with max's hostile iraqi sense of humor, slick the drama queen, and speedy with his 'jokes' its pretty hard to stop laughing and actually kill people.

As far as upcoming events go we have UGS-m quarter finals next tuesday, CPL Qualifier next saturday, and CAL-m season 9 preseason should start within the next few weeks. Stop by #elite-pimps and wish us luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Elite Pimps Forum Index -> Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: